Lifetime's New 'Client List' Promo: Same Campaign, Much More Skin (Video)
Jennifer Love Hewitt strips and sings (again) in a musical spot that seems a bit racier than the one the network rolled out for the first season.
Lifetime may have long ago dropped its "Television for Women" tagline, but its female-skewing programming has continued to target the fairer sex.
Its current scripted hit, The Client List, seems to be taking a different approach. In anticipation of the series' March 10 premiere, the network has released a promotional clip of star Jennifer Love Hewitt stripping and singing -- but mostly stripping.
Surrounded by a throng of suited gentlemen, Hewitt starts the spot dressed for a day at the office like one of the boys. The suit falls to the ground when Hewitt breaks into song. Her chosen track, Peggy Lee's ode to feminism "I'm a Woman" is decidedly girl power. The high-pressure hoses dosing her barely-clothed body? A bit more man-friendly.
And if this campaign looks familiar, it's because you've seen it before.
Lifetime heralded the 2012 launch of The Client List (a less sobering continuation the predecessor telepic about a single suburban mom working in a brothel) with a striptease set to Sweet Charity stripper anthem "Big Spender."
While both spots playfully address the series' prostitution theme, the first iteration made a bigger point of objectifying the men. Her male co-stars dance around Hewitt in loose towels and white briefs, while the actress retains a bit of modesty in an oversize button-up.
Do you prefer your Client List commercials with or without clothes?
Client List - "I'm a Woman" (2013):
Client List - "Big Spender" (2012):
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed