Lindsay Lohan in Early Talks to Play Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime Movie
Producer Larry Thompson is overseeing the project, which has been in development since last May.
Lindsay Lohan could go from posing as Marilyn Monroe in Playboy to playing Elizabeth Taylor for Lifetime.
The actress is in early talks to play the big-screen icon in a television movie for the female-skewing cable network, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is not a new one and has been in development at Lifetime since last May. Independent producer Larry Thompson, who previously worked with the cabler on its 2010 telepic Amish Grace, is overseeing the project.
Lohan, a former child model turned actress (and singer), has -- like Taylor -- seen her fair share of career highs and lows. Since debuting in Disney's 1998 remake of The Parent Trap, Lohan starred in features including Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded.
More recently, Lohan in November was sentenced to jail time due to a violation of her probation. The actress, who failed to attend court-ordered therapy sessions, was also kicked out of the Downtown Women's Center, where she had been assigned to complete community service hours, after arriving late. Lohan ended up spending less than five hours in jail on Nov. 7 due to overcrowding.
Lohan, a longtime fan of Monroe, posed for the January/February issue of Playboy, for which she reportedly received $1 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR