Lindsay Lohan's 'SNL' Scores Second Highest Ratings of the Season
Despite critics bashing her as "merely a background performer," audiences tuned in to watch the actress poke fun at her personal woes.
She may have had to beg Lorne Michaels for a chance to host again, but Lindsay Lohan delivered ratings for Saturday Night Live.
Despite critics ripping apart Lohan's fourth time hosting the late-night comedy sketch show, last night’s SNL delivered the show’s highest-scoring regular performance of the season, with a 5.5 overnight household rating.
Only the 2012 premiere episode on January 7, hosted by Charles Barkley with musical guest Kelly Clarkson, scored a bigger number this season. Though it's likely that telecast was boosted by a primetime NFL Wild Card playoff game earlier in the evening.
Lohan, for her part, knows how to work up publicity. Despite not having any recent film, TV shows or albums to promote, the actress delivered by allowing the cast to poke fun at her personal troubles.
Musician Josh Groban may have tweeted it best: "East coasters, what's happening on #SNL? Should I keep practicing and working hard at what I do, or is that not necessary any more?"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For