Lionsgate Developing Lacrosse Book 'Take a Shot' for Drama Series
Pitched as "'Moneyball' meets 'The Hangover,'" the project comes from athlete Dave Morrow and Jake "Body by Jake" Steinfeld.
Lionsgate is eying a sports drama for its television stable. The company has optioned Lacrosse book Take a Shot! The Remarkable Story of Perseverance, Friendship and A Really Crazy Adventure, published by Hay House just last week.
Billed as "Moneyball meets The Hangover," the book was written by All-American lacrosse player Dave Morrow and motivational speaker and Body by Jake founder Jake Steinfeld. The semi-autobiographical book chronicles three men -- a Hollywood fitness icon, a shy Ivy Leaguer, and a televangelist's son -- who start a professional sports league.
“We love to be in business with other entrepreneurs, and Jake Steinfeld is a larger than life personality and a hugely successful entrepreneur whose book has resonance for sports fans, adrenaline junkies and people who love success stores alike,” said Lionsgate Television Group president Kevin Beggs and COO Sandra Stern said in a statement.
Among the many hats Steinfeld wears, he is also the founder of Major League Lacrosse.
Another male-skewing Lionsgate TV effort, Charlie Sheen's Anger Management, is poised for a 90-episode pick-up following its initial 10-episode run on FX.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR