OWN'S Lisa Ling Criticizes Kardashians After Oprah Interview (Video)
During an appearance on “Access Hollywood Live,” the “Our America” host says she had “issues” with the highly rated interview.
Lisa Ling may be on Oprah’s payroll, but that doesn’t mean she agrees with the media mogul’s recent decision to highlight the Kardashian family on Oprah’s Next Chapter.
“I had my issues with the Kardashians, absolutely,” said Ling during an appearance on Access Hollywood Live. “I think there’s so much wrong with how they are the most revered family in the country, but they are, nevertheless. So I get why Oprah wanted to interview them. I mean, they are icons in pop culture right now. “
“People are interested in what they think about things for some strange reason,” she added.
The timid jab was quickly followed by more thoughtful conversation about Ling’s OWN series, Our America, and her recent episode on teen motherhood.
“I don't even think I’d be able to do this kind of work on a news network, because now news has become so loud and obnoxious, but Oprah has given me a chance to do this documentary series,” she said. “I really don’t think I’d be able to do this work elsewhere, so I’m really grateful for this opportunity.”
Love them or hate them, the Kardashians pulled in impressive ratings for the network. The second of the two-part interview brought in 1.2 million viewers, growing 9 percent from its predecessor. The Sunday, June 24, episode now ranks as the fledgling network’s third most-watched broadcast ever.
Watch Ling’s Access Hollywood Live appearance in the video below. Our America airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws