It's Official: Lisa Rinna Returning to 'Days of Our Lives' (Exclusive)
The former reality star and talk show will reprise her role as Billie Reed as a contract player, with her first appearance set for the spring.
After months of speculation, Lisa Rinna is officially returning to NBC's Days of Our Lives.
The former Apprentice and Dancing With the Stars contestant and Soap Talk host will reprise her role as Billie Reed on the NBC soap as a contract player, with her first episode set for March 8, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
While details of her story arc are being kept under wraps, network officials confirm that she will share "explosive" scenes with on-screen mother Kate (Lauren Koslow) and her former flame, Bo (Peter Reckell).
"I am so thrilled to be back and excited to be acting again," Rinna said. "I have done reality shows, talk shows and I thought, what a great way to come back and play a character that I love to play so much. Feels very full circle -- like a new old chapter."
Rinna played Billie Reed for more than 150 episodes on Days, last appearing in 2005.
Rinna, repped by Rebel Entertainment, begins filming this week.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)