'Looper' Breakout Cast as Halle Berry's Son in CBS' 'Extant' (Exclusive)
Pierce Gagnon will play Ethan in the drama series from Steven Spielberg.
CBS has found an onscreen son for Halle Berry in Extant.
Looper breakout Pierce Gagnon has joined the Oscar winner in CBS' summer 2014 drama series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Extant is a futuristic thriller about a female astronaut named Molly (Berry) trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. The character's experiences lead to events that ultimately change the course of human history.
Following a worldwide search, Gagnon will play Ethan, Molly's son, who is more than he appears to be.
Spielberg, along with Greg Walker and Mickey Fisher, who penned the script for the CBS Television Studios and Amblin Television effort, will executive produce with Brooklyn Weaver, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. CBS Television Distribution will handle domestic distribution, while CBS Studios International will handle worldwide rights. Berry will co-exec produce.
In addition to Looper, Gagnon's credits also include ABC pilot Big Thunder, Wish I Was Here, Rio 2 and Tomorrowland. He's repped by CESD, Principato Young and Hansen Jacobson.
Extant will premiere next summer on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR