'Lost' Baddie Joins FX Pilot 'Powers'
Titus Welliver cast as Triphammer, a tech whiz who can control superheroes' powers.
Titus Welliver is going from playing the Man in Black on Lost to a Steve Jobs/Donald Trump-like tech whiz on FX’s superhero pilot Powers.
As first reported on AOL TV, the Welliver will play Triphammer, a “genius and a narcissist” who is a combination of Jobs and Trump and invented technology that can bestow and remove superheroes’ powers, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Should the pilot be ordered to series, the role will be recurring.
The pilot revolves around homicide detective Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and his partner, Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), who investigate crimes against superheroes and is based on the comic book series created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oemig. Charles S. Dutton plays their captain.
Powers, from Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions, is being adapted by The Walking Dead’s Charles H. Eglee with Michael Dinneraboard to helm the pilot, which is in production in Chicago.
Welliver’s TV credits include The Good Wife and Sons of Anarchy. He’s repped by Paradigm.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR