Lost Bill Murray Movie Leaked on YouTube (Video)
MGM never released the 1984 sci-fi film "Nothing Lasts Forever," which also featured Dan Aykroyd.
Ghostbusters got all the glory, but Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd starred in another 1984 sci-fi film that's largely been forgotten — until now.
The pair appear briefly in Nothing Lasts Forever, which was written and directed by Saturday Night Live veteran Tom Schiller, starring Gremlins' Zach Galligan as a man caught between two worlds.
A copy of Nothing Lasts Forever was leaked online in 2011, but it went largely unnoticed until this week.
MGM reportedly declined to release the film because it did not test well with audiences. It has been screened over the years, gaining something of a resurgence in 2004 when Murray had it included in a retrospective of his work at the BAMcinematek in New York.
"I think they thought it was low-budget or something to get off the hook of their contract, but I had total freedom," Schilling said at a 2010 screening. "No one was watching hardly, and I got to make a personal film with a studio crew."
He also said the film was accepted to Cannes twice, but MGM did not allow it to screen there.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)