'Lost's' Alan Dale Lands on ABC's 'Once Upon A Time'
The actor will reunite with producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis on their new series.
Former Lost producers, Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, have already placed several references to the stranded crew in their new ABC series for the fall, Once Upon A Time. And now, they’ve made a casting choice that should make Lost fans very happy.
STORY: 'Once Upon a Time': 'Lost' Helped Creators See the Fairy Tale Story Differently
ABC confirms that Alan Dale is joining the series, as first reported by TVLine. He’ll play Prince Charming’s father.
“It’s a really pivotal role, and a pivotal part of the Snow White [Ginnifer Goodwin] and Prince Charming [Josh Dallas] story that we don’t think has been told yet,” Horowitz tells the site.
STORY: Comic-Con 2011: 'Once Upon a Time' EPs: 'You Go From Writer to Fan Immediately'
“We’re leaving the door open for a larger tale to potentially tell with him,” he adds.
On Lost, Dale played the wealthy leader of the Others, Charles Widmore, who first appeared in the show’s second season. He most recently played Senator Eaton on AMC’s The Killing and also appeared on Californication, Undercovers, and Entourage. Australian fans will remember him as Jim Robinson on Neighbours, which he played for eight years.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR