Lucy Lawless Moving From 'Spartacus' to 'Parks and Recreation'
She'll romance Nick Offerman's Ron Swanson in a multiple-episode arc on the NBC comedy.
Lucy Lawless is going from the violence (and nudity) of Spartacus to Pawnee.
The former Xena: Warrior Princess star will explore her comedic side on NBC's Parks and Recreation, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Lawless will play a single mom in Pawnee who turns to the Parks Department to help with a neighborhood problem. After Ron (Nick Offerman) and Andy (Chris Pratt) are dispatched to help her, Andy picks up on the chemistry between Lawless' character and the always surly Ron.
Lawless, who is slated to appear in two episodes, broke the news via Twitter. "I am so thrilled to work with the #ParksandRecreation crew. I am always amazed by the Acting and writing. It's kooky, ironic and elegant," she wrote.
Her first episode is scheduled to air Oct. 4. Sadly, her character is not named Tammy (it's Diane).
The role marks Lawless' first TV gig since her Spartacus character, Lucretia, died in the second-season finale.
She's repped by Valeo Entertainment.
Parks returns for its fifth season at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting