Lucy Punch Joins FX Superhero Pilot 'Powers'
She will play a rookie homicide detective investigating crimes against those with special abilities.
Lucy Punch is returning to series television, booking the female lead in FX’s superhero pilot Powers.
Based on the comic book by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the police procedural is set in a world where superpowers are real and revolves around the Powers division of the police force as detectives investigate crimes involving those with special abilities.
Punch will play Deena Pilgrim, a rookie detective paired with Christian Walker as they investigate the murder of Retro Girl, a super-powered celebrity. Walker’s role has not yet been cast.
From Sony Pictures Television, Circle of Confusion (The Walking Dead) is producing the pilot, which is being directed by Michael Dinner. Charles Eglee (The Shield) penned the pilot and will executive produce with Bendis, Oeming, Dinner and Circle of Confusion’s David Engel.
Punch joins a cast that includes Charles S. Dutton as Captain Cross, the head of the homicide department.
Punch, repped by WME, United and the Schiff Co., next appears in the feature Bad Teacher. Her credits include features Dinner for Schmucks and as a regular in the short-lived TV series The Class.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR