'Mad Men' Star Jon Hamm 'Wasn't Sexy' to AMC Execs, Matthew Weiner Reveals (Video)
The series' creator and cast make some startling confessions on Bravo's "Inside the Actor's Studio," airing next Monday at 7 p.m.
To consider that anyone else could play the role of the cool and desirable Don Draper other than star Jon Hamm would be considered blasphemy for Mad Men fans. But he wasn’t a shoo-in for the part, apparently.
The AMC series’ creator Matt Weiner -- along with Hamm and his castmates January Jones, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Kiernan Shipka -- reveal some juicy nuggets on Bravo’s Inside the Actor’s Studio next Monday at 7 p.m.
Among them, Hamm tells host James Lipton that he auditioned for the part seven or eight times. The creator then reveals that Hamm’s sex appeal was in question.
Thankfully, they got it right in the end. Watch the preview below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)