'Mad Men': New Season 5 Poster Takes Don Draper Window Shopping (Photo)
The latest image from the AMC series finds Jon Hamm's character sporting a cryptic gaze -- and referencing surrealist Italian painters.
Forget about that falling figure.
Mad Men has unleashed the first real promo image of its upcoming fifth season, and Don Draper (Jon Hamm) is front and center.
On the heels of the stark, cryptic teaser posters and the recent barrage of character-based clips, AMC now has the official poster for the long-absent series' return.
The ad shows Don looking into a store window display. Inside, mannequins, set up like a man and disrobed woman, appear to be reenacting married life. The reflected glimpse of Don's face shows that he might not be entirely sold on the idea.
Speaking with The New York Times, creator Matt Weiner said the surreal image draws inspiration from Italian artist Giorgio de Chirico.
"This is a dreamlike image,” he said, "By the end of the season... I guarantee you’ll know what it is about.”
When the series last left off, Don had proposed to secretary Megan (Jessica Paré), setting the character up for marriage #2.
Mad Men returns to AMC with a two-hour "event" premiere on Mar. 25 at 9:00 p.m. Check out the full poster below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR