TCA: AMC Announces 'Mad Men' and 'The Killing' Return Dates
After a leak from star Jon Hamm, the network confirms the drama's long-awaited return for March, while the sophomore crime drama is slated for April.
Jon Hamm did not lead fans astray.
After mentioning the March 25 premiere of Mad Men's delayed fifth season on a recent podcast, AMC confirms that the drama is finally on the schedule. Ahead of the network's Saturday presentation at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, it also announced The Killing is set to start its sophomore season on April 1. Both series kick off with two-hour premieres.
AMC says the Mad Men debut, written by creator Matthew Weiner and directed by Jennifer Getzinger, will kick off that Sunday at 9:00 p.m. The next week's episode, returning to its regular 10:00 p.m. timeslot, marks the directorial debut of Hamm.
The Killing kicks off with its own two-hour premiere on April 1, at 8:00 p.m., before returning to its regularly scheduled 9:00 p.m. spot the following week.
The series' first season earned star Mireille Enos both Emmy and Golden Globe nominations since its 2011 debut, and in a play for new viewers, the network is offering all 13 episodes of the first season On Demand starting March 5.
Freshman unscripted series Comic Book Men will follow The Walking Dead at 10:00 p.m. after its Feb. 12 midseason premiere.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR