'Mad Men's' John Slattery Rates Jon Hamm's Directing Skills
The silver fox gives his co-star's job high marks.
John Slattery has a lot to say when it comes to his Mad Men co-stars. He just defended January Jones against criticism that she was icy on-set and now he’s giving a thumbs up to Jon Hamm’s work as a director on an episode for next season.
"He did pretty damn well," Slattery, who directed two episodes in Season 4, tells E! Online.
"Nobody was surprised at how well he would do," he adds. "He's a very smart guy. He knows the show better than any of the actors certainly, because he's there every day and he's in every scene... And he gives good direction. And he's an actor so he knows how to give you something specific and brief that's useful."
Hamm directed the Season 5 season premiere episode, which will air in early 2012 on AMC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR