'Mad Men's' John Slattery Rates Jon Hamm's Directing Skills
The silver fox gives his co-star's job high marks.
John Slattery has a lot to say when it comes to his Mad Men co-stars. He just defended January Jones against criticism that she was icy on-set and now he’s giving a thumbs up to Jon Hamm’s work as a director on an episode for next season.
"He did pretty damn well," Slattery, who directed two episodes in Season 4, tells E! Online.
"Nobody was surprised at how well he would do," he adds. "He's a very smart guy. He knows the show better than any of the actors certainly, because he's there every day and he's in every scene... And he gives good direction. And he's an actor so he knows how to give you something specific and brief that's useful."
Hamm directed the Season 5 season premiere episode, which will air in early 2012 on AMC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR