Maggie Smith Says She Hasn't Watched 'Downton Abbey' (Video)
The British actress tells Steve Kroft of "60 Minutes" that she has yet to see her work as Lady Grantham on the popular series.
Maggie Smith, who stars as the sharp-tongued Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey, has revealed that she's never watched the popular PBS series.
In an interview with Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes, the British actress says she was proud of the show, but then admitted that she hasn't actually watched her own character, Lady Grantham, in action.
"I haven't actually seen it, so I don't—I don't sit down and watch it," she tells Kroft. "Never?" he asks. "No, I haven't watched it," she replies.
The 78-year-old actress explains that she would watch the program someday, but for now, she doesn't plan on doing so.
Smith shares, "Because it's frustrating. I always see things that I would like to do differently and think, 'Oh, why in the name of God did I do that?'"
The most rewarding part of being in Downton Abbey for the British star is "the delight of acting."
Smith's 60 Minutes interview will broadcast Sunday, Feb. 17 on CBS at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Watch below for a preview:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR