Discovery Gets Up Close and Personal With Wild Cheetahs (Exclusive Video)
"Man, Cheetah, Wild" focuses on a family of these predators -- and the man who walked among them for a year and a half.
Discovery Channel is taking an up-close look at a family of wild cheetahs -- and the man who walked among them for a year and a half -- in a new special.
Man, Cheetah, Wild, a two-hour special debuting at 9 p.m. Oct. 3, follows onetime game ranger turned filmmaker Kim Wolhuter as he follows a family of cheetahs in his native Zimbabwe. Wolhuter not only studies these animals but also lives their way of life -- drinking where they do, finding food on the move and running alongside them. Meanwhile, the animals accept him as part of their family.
The Hollywood Reporter has the first look at a clip from the special, in which viewers are introduced to Wolhuter and shown his methods for capturing footage of wild animals including zebras and elephants.
"Big predators around here, things can really get on edge, and the wrong move or misinterpretation or something like that could cost you your life," Wolhuter says of his dangerous job. "But I suppose that's also part of the challenge for me."
Man, Cheetah, Wild is produced for Discovery by Tigress Productions.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR