Martin Short to Guest on 'How I Met Your Mother'
CBS nabs the comedy vet for recurring role in the fall.
After scoring Kids in the Hall’s Dave Foley for a guest role last season on How I Met Your Mother, CBS is following that up with an even bigger comedy get.
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Saturday Night Live star Martin Short has been cast in a recurring guest role on the series, as first reported by Vulture. He’ll appear in a multiple episode arc, but the specific details of his character are unknown at this time.
[Update: A CBS spokesperson tells us that Short will play Marshall's (Jason Segel) new boss, though fans will remember that Marshall was interviewing for a new job in last season's finale. No word on whether Short will play a boss at a new firm or not.]
Short will be guest starring on Showtime’s Weeds this season. He also played duplicitous lawyer Leonard Winstone on the last season of Damages. His last major series role was on Comedy Central’s Primetime Glick, which aired for three seasons ending in 2003. He also lent his voice to this year’s Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil, which hit theatres in April.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'