First Look: ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Trailer (Video)
The network used the season finale of recently renewed "Once Upon a Time" to air the extended look at its new Joss Whedon drama.
It's here: The first full-length trailer for ABC's eagerly anticipated Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
After its seven-second teaser went viral early Sunday, ABC used the second-season finale of the recently renewed Once Upon a Time to debut the footage for its buzziest new drama series.
Clark Gregg reprises his role from The Avengers as Agent Phil Coulson as he assembles a group of agents from the worldwide law enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together, they investigate the new, the strange and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary.
In addition to the full-length trailer, ABC also has launched WeAreTheRisingTide.com, a blog supporting the exploration of the events featured in the series filled with short videos -- including a Hulk-themed clip that leaked just ahead of the series' official pickup -- as well as bits on Iron Man and more characters from the Marvel universe.
ER's Ming-Na stars as Agent Melinda May, Killing Lincoln's Brett Dalton is set as gruff rising star Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons and Iain DeCaestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz, with Nashville's Chloe Bennet set as Skye, a superhero-obsessed woman.
The ABC Studios project is based on Marvel Comics' secret intelligence organization that has appeared in countless titles, including Iron Man, Captain America and The Ultimates, since being introduced in the 1960s. The military law enforcement agency's moniker stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate, which also has evolved over time in the comics.
Joss Whedon co-penned the pilot alongside his brother Jed Whedon and Jed's wife, Maurissa Tancharoen; the trio teamed on the three-part web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind Whedon directed the pilot. S.H.I.E.L.D. is executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb.
Check out the trailer, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)