'It's Always Sunny' Actress Cast as Will Arnett's Sister in CBS Comedy
Mary Elizabeth Ellis, who guest starred on "Up All Night," has joined Greg Garcia's pilot.
CBS has found Will Arnett's sister -- and it's an Up All Night reunion.
Mary Elizabeth Ellis, who appeared as Connie in the NBC comedy opposite Arnett, will co-star in the half-hour comedy being dubbed the Unauthorized Greg Garcia Project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The project centers on recent divorcee Jack's (Arnett) complicated life when his parents decide to move in with him.
Ellis, who also starred on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and had a stint on New Girl, will play Arnett's sister Debbie, who is married to a mattress salesman and has two kids. The family never quite makes ends meet and is always wheedling Jack for money. Margo Martindale and J.B. Smoove co-star.
Garcia, who recently moved from 20th Television to CBS TV Studios, is writing and executive producing the CBS pilot, with veteran director James Burrows on tap to helm the multicamera effort. This is one of two pilots for Garcia, the other being CBS' Super Clyde with Rupert Grint.
Repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment, Ellis also appeared in NBC's short-lived Perfect Couples and recently guest starred in Happy Endings.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR