Mary McCormack Set for NBC Comedy 'Welcome to the Family'
The "In Plain Sight" star will play Mike O'Malley's wife in the single-camera project.
NBC is welcoming Mary McCormack to the family.
McCormack, who wrapped a five-season stint on USA's In Plain Sight last year, is set as a co-lead in the single-camera comedy pilot Welcome to the Family, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Sony Pictures Television, cultures collide when a white family and a Latino family are bonded together by their children who fall in love followed quickly by an unplanned pregnancy.
McCormack will play Katrina Yoder, wife to Dan (Mike O'Malley). A food stylist, she presents herself as normal and on top of things, but only Dan is allowed to see what truly lies behind the curtain, including a strong need for control. A loving mother, she has spent years trying to understand her teenage daughter Molly (Ella Rae Peck). Aramis Knight co-stars.
Rules of Engagement's Mike Sikowitz will pen the pilot and executive produce.
McCormack, who appeared in NBC's The West Wing as Kate Harper, is repped by Gersh and Untitled Entertainment. Last pilot season, she starred in ABC comedy The Unprofessional.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR