Matt Bomer to Play Andrew Rannells' Ex-Boyfriend on 'New Normal'
The casting extends Bomer's relationship with Ryan Murphy, as he guest starred on season three of Fox's "Glee."
White Collar's Matt Bomer is going for the Ryan Murphy trifecta.
The actor has booked a guest turn on Murphy's freshman gay family comedy The New Normal, the prolific showrunner announced Wednesday via Twitter.
Bomer, who guest starred on the third season of Murphy's Glee as Cooper Anderson, the older brother to Darren Criss' Blaine, will play the "sexy ex-boyfriend" to Andrew Rannells' Bryan on the freshman comedy. A specific airdate and episode count for Bomer's appearance was not immediately available.
Rannells and Justin Bartha co-star as a gay couple who turn to a surrogate (Georgia King) for help growing their family.
The series, which has received a full-season order at NBC, could be heading toward not only a childbirth but a wedding as the on-screen couple based (based on Murphy's life) got engaged during this week's episode.
Bomer also has a role in Murphy's upcoming big-screen adaptation of the Tony-winning drama The Normal Heart.
The star of USA Network's White Collar now only needs a spot on Murphy's American Horror Story: Asylum to complete the sweep.
The New Normal airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR