Matt Damon and Michael Douglas Strike a Pose in First Image From HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra' (Photo)
The actors play Liberace and his lover Scott Thorson in the Steven Soderbergh-directed biopic.
Liberace had a taste for the finer things in life, from floor-length furs to priceless jewels, and his taste in cars was no different.
In HBO's Behind the Candelabra, Michael Douglas plays the pianist opposite Matt Damon, cast as his younger lover, Scott Thorson. The couple met in 1977, when Thorson was just 18 and Liberace was 57. They remained together until 1982.
In this first official image from the hotly buzzed biopic of the flamboyant showman, the couple strikes a cream-colored pose in a bright showroom, standing next to a vintage Corvette coupe.
Director Steven Soderbergh told journalists at TCA in January that he had sought out to tell the story of a "real" relationship. Damon echoed the sentiment, saying: "We weren’t giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right."
The movie, based on Thorson's 1988 memoir, Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace, premieres on HBO in May.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR