Matt Damon's Jimmy Kimmel Visit Brings Time Slot Ratings High
UPDATED: ABC gives the special a primetime encore after preliminary returns for the heavily promoted episode give the host a new best in households.
Jimmy Kimmel's star-studded throw-down with Matt Damon brought in boosted ratings for the ABC host.
In its third week airing at 11:35 p.m., Jimmy Kimmel hit a new high in households (2.92 rating) in Nielsen's Metered Market ratings. The broadcast topped both NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS' Late Show with David Letterman.
The episode, which included a long-awaited visit from Damon -- as well as guest appearances from Andy Garcia, Robin Williams, Sarah Silverman and Ben Affleck -- came on the heels of Kimmel's years-long "feud" with the actor. ABC announced Friday that it would give the episode an encore in primetime on Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 10 p.m.
In the targeted adults 18-49 demographic, Kimmel neared a time slot high with a 1.23 adults rating -- his second best performance in the demo yet. Kimmel topped Leno (0.76) by 62 percent and Letterman (0.56) by 120 percent.
Kimmel's second week in the 11:35 time slot retained 91 percent of its premiere week's overall audience, and continues to lead Letterman in the adults 18-49 demo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)