Matt Lauer, Al Roker to Get Prostate Exams on 'Today'
The procedures will take place Thursday as part of a monthlong men's health awareness campaign.
Matt Lauer and Al Roker are definitely committed to promoting men's health.
The Today mainstays will undergo prostate exams -- live and on camera -- during Thursday's episode of the NBC show. It's part of a monthlong campaign raising awareness of men's health issues.
In 2000, Katie Couric memorably underwent a colonoscopy on Today to encourage screenings after the 1998 death of her husband from colon cancer. The on-air procedure brought in big ratings, and health care professionals credited Couric's example with contributing to a 20 percent spike in colonoscopies in the ensuing years.
Couric also had a mammogram on TV in 2005, while Roker underwent a colonoscopy on Today in 2009.
The CDC recommends that men over 40 consult their doctor about possibly undergoing a prostate exam.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack