Matt Lauer, Al Roker to Get Prostate Exams on 'Today'
The procedures will take place Thursday as part of a monthlong men's health awareness campaign.
Matt Lauer and Al Roker are definitely committed to promoting men's health.
The Today mainstays will undergo prostate exams -- live and on camera -- during Thursday's episode of the NBC show. It's part of a monthlong campaign raising awareness of men's health issues.
In 2000, Katie Couric memorably underwent a colonoscopy on Today to encourage screenings after the 1998 death of her husband from colon cancer. The on-air procedure brought in big ratings, and health care professionals credited Couric's example with contributing to a 20 percent spike in colonoscopies in the ensuing years.
Couric also had a mammogram on TV in 2005, while Roker underwent a colonoscopy on Today in 2009.
The CDC recommends that men over 40 consult their doctor about possibly undergoing a prostate exam.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR