Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie to Anchor 'Weekend Today's' Boston Coverage
Saturday's broadcast will include an interview with the bombing suspects' uncle, while ABC's “GMA” and CBS' "48 Hours" are also planning special shows.
NBC's Weekend Today will be anchored by Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie for a special broadcast examining the bombing of the Boston Marathon.
Lauer and Guthrie will anchor live from Studio 1A in New York, while Lester Holt and Erica Hill will broadcast from Boston. The coverage begins at 7 a.m. ET and will include an interview with Ruslan Tsarni, uncle of suspects Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died in a shootout with police Friday morning, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was arrested Friday night after a dramatic manhunt.
ABC and CBS are also planning special coverage.
ABC's Good Morning America: Weekend Edition will begin coverage at 8 a.m. ET with its regular weekend anchors, which include Bianna Golodryga. Golodryga, who speaks fluent Russian, was the first to inform the father of the suspects that his son had been arrested. GMA will a look at how law enforcement officials were able to take Dzhokhar Tsarnaev alive. It also has plans to examine what it was like for the residents of the Boston-area to be held in lockdown.
CBS' 48 Hours will air a special report at 10 p.m. ET/PT Saturday examining the aftermath of the bombing. It’s previously planned episode “Muscle and Murder,” about the true story that inspired Michael Bay’s Pain & Gain will air April 27 instead.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR