Matthew Broderick to Star in CBS Comedy Pilot
The Broadway star will play a recently widowed father in the comedy from "Scrubs" alum Tad Quill.
Matthew Broderick is heading to CBS.
The Broadway star has been tapped to headline the network's untitled Tad Quill comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The multicamera comedy centers on Jack, a recently widowed father raising his 12-year-old son while jumping back into the dating pool.
Broderick -- who is on Broadway starring in the musical Nice Work If You Can Get it -- will play Jack, a confident, effortlessly charming and self-aware dad who's completely committed to his son, Sebastian. When the advertising executive finds himself pushed back into the dating scene by his well-intentioned son and married colleague, he's initially hesitant but surprised when it goes well and he opts to sow his wild oats again.
Scrubs alum Quill will write and executive produce the CBS Television Studios comedy, with James Burrows on board to direct.
Two-time Tony winner Broderick, repped by CAA and Jackoway Tyerman, most recently guest starred on ABC's Modern Family and episodes of FX's Louie and NBC's 30 Rock. Broderick previously was attached to star in NBC's 2010 failed pilot Beach Lane. The casting comes as his wife, former Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker, has been recurring on the fourth season of Fox's Glee.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)