Matthew Fox Badmouths One Direction on 'Conan' (Video)
The actor says he discourages his teen daughter from obsessing over the boy band.
Breaking: Matthew Fox does not understand the appeal of One Direction. Also: He is not a One Direction-obsessed teenage girl.
In an appearance on Conan O'Brien's talk show Wednesday night, Fox griped about the British boy band, lamenting that his daughter -- who turns 16 next month -- is a big fan with a "major crush on Harry Styles."
"I'm a huge music fan and we're having that classic father-child argument about music right now, so I'm trying to encourage her to explore music that's outside of ... boy bands," said Fox, noting that he and his daughter have a code of silence concerning her love for the group.
"Every time she brought up One Direction, I felt it was my responsibility to bust their chops and she'd get very upset so we agreed not to talk about One Direction anymore," added the actor, who recently starred in the 2012 film Alex Cross.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR