Matthew Fox Badmouths One Direction on 'Conan' (Video)
The actor says he discourages his teen daughter from obsessing over the boy band.
Breaking: Matthew Fox does not understand the appeal of One Direction. Also: He is not a One Direction-obsessed teenage girl.
In an appearance on Conan O'Brien's talk show Wednesday night, Fox griped about the British boy band, lamenting that his daughter -- who turns 16 next month -- is a big fan with a "major crush on Harry Styles."
"I'm a huge music fan and we're having that classic father-child argument about music right now, so I'm trying to encourage her to explore music that's outside of ... boy bands," said Fox, noting that he and his daughter have a code of silence concerning her love for the group.
"Every time she brought up One Direction, I felt it was my responsibility to bust their chops and she'd get very upset so we agreed not to talk about One Direction anymore," added the actor, who recently starred in the 2012 film Alex Cross.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed