Matthew McConaughey, Will Ferrell Return for 'Eastbound & Down' Season 3
The actors will reprise their previous roles as Roy McDaniel and Ashley Schaeffer respectively.
While Jason Sudeikis has signed on for a new recurring role on HBO’s Eastbound & Down, there are a few familiar faces returning to the fold as well.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Matthew McConaughey will be back for what may be the final season of the hit show. Reps also confirm that the story will circle back to Will Ferrell’s character, Ashley Schaeffer.
Executive producer Ferrell previously appeared twice during the first season in a blond, feathered wig for his role as the BMW salesman. As for McConaughey, he guest starred just once during season two as the openly gay Texas scout, Roy McDaniel.
Season two left Kenny Powers (Danny McBride) to deal with impending fatherhood as love interest April Buchanon (Katy Mixon) announced her pregnancy. The show shoots this summer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)