Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson to Star in Cop Series
Packaged by Anonymous Content, "True Detective" is being shopped to cable networks as a potential anthology series.
Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson may be turning to cable.
The friends are attached to star in True Detective, a potential anthology series currently being shopped to cable networks, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The duo would star as detectives Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson) whose lives become entangled while searching for a serial killer in Louisiana.
The project is being eyed as a potential eight-episode first season with following seasons replacing the cast and story -- a similar format that FX has employed for its freshman hit American Horror Story from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.
Nic Pizzolatto penned the project with Jane Eyre's Cary Fukunaga attached to direct all eight installments. Management company Anonymous Content -- who represents Pizzolatto and Fukunaga -- developed the project and will produce. The company's Richard Brown, Steve Golin and Brad Dorros will executive produce.
For McConaughey, the project would mark his first series regular commitment. Harrelson, meanwhile, would return to the small-screen with his first series regular gig following his run as the clueless but lovable Woody Boyd on Cheers.
McConaughey and Harrelson are repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!