Shannon Elizabeth, Marla Sokoloff to Guest Star on 'Melissa & Joey' (Exclusive)
The two actresses will drop by in the ABC Family comedy's third season.
ABC Family's Melissa & Joey is welcoming two familiar faces in the third season.
American Pie's Shannon Elizabeth and The Practice alum Marla Sokoloff are guest starring on the half-hour comedy toplined by Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Elizabeth will drop by in episode eight as Mel's (Hart) college roommate and sorority sister Anita. She seems well-intentioned, but over the years she's become annoying and Mel tries to find a way to get Anita out of her life.
Sokoloff, who played receptionist Lucy Hatcher on ABC's The Practice for more than 100 episodes, will appear in the seventh episode as Blythe, a smart and confident chiropractor who hits it off with Joe (Lawrence). While everything seems to be going well initially, Joe has second thoughts when he discovers a secret about Blythe.
Both episodes will air in the summer.
Repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, Elizabeth is best known as Nadia in the American Pie franchise, and she has appeared in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Scary Movie and TV's Cuts and That '70s Show. Repped by APA and Greenlight Management, Sokoloff's credits include Dude, Where's My Car?, Desperate Housewives, Burn Notice and CSI: NY.
Melissa & Joey returns for season three at 8 p.m. May 29.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR