Melissa McCarthy-Hosted 'SNL' Draws Solid Ratings
Saturday night's installment of the NBC show was up 2 percent over last week's season premiere featuring Alec Baldwin.
Saturday night's episode, which featured Lady Antebellum as the musical guest, averaged a 5.2 rating/13 share in the metered-market households.
That marked a 2 percent increase over last week's Alec Baldwin-hosted season premiere, which pulled in a 5.1/13. It also was a 4 percent improvement in the 25 markets with Local People Meters (2.7/12 vs. 2.6/12).
Compared to the same night a year ago, SNL was 8 percent in the metered-market households (5.2/13 vs. 4.8/12) and also up 8 percent in the Local People Meters markets (2.7/12 vs. 2.5/11).
McCarthy won an Emmy last month for her role on CBS' Mike & Molly. She also drew acclaim for her scene-stealing role in this year's surprise hit movie Bridesmaids.
Among her SNL skits was one in which she sexually harasses the co-worker (Jason Sudeikis) she has a crush on by humping and making out with a balloon animal she says he sent her.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR