'The Mentalist' Creator Sells Legal Drama to CBS
"The Advocates" revolves around a pair who team up as "victim advocates" as they fight for the underdog.
The Mentalist's Bruno Heller wants to fight for the underdog on CBS.
The creator of the Simon Baker starrer has landed a pilot production commitment for The Advocates, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The hourlong drama revolves around a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team as "victim advocates" and go to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. Heller will write and executive produce the project for Warner Bros. Television.
Advocates come as CBS is preparing to shift Mentalist from its three-season slot on Thursdays to a new home on Sundays for its fourth season. The series has proven a valuable asset to the network, drawing an early renewal last season.
Heller is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)