'The Mentalist' Creator Sells Legal Drama to CBS
"The Advocates" revolves around a pair who team up as "victim advocates" as they fight for the underdog.
The Mentalist's Bruno Heller wants to fight for the underdog on CBS.
The creator of the Simon Baker starrer has landed a pilot production commitment for The Advocates, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The hourlong drama revolves around a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team as "victim advocates" and go to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. Heller will write and executive produce the project for Warner Bros. Television.
Advocates come as CBS is preparing to shift Mentalist from its three-season slot on Thursdays to a new home on Sundays for its fourth season. The series has proven a valuable asset to the network, drawing an early renewal last season.
Heller is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws