Meryl Streep's Daughter to Play Mitt Romney Reporter on 'The Newsroom'
Grace Gummer will recur on season two of Aaron Sorkin's HBO drama.
Another daughter of Meryl Streep has landed a role in a TV drama.
Grace Gummer will recur on HBO's The Newsroom in its upcoming second season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. She will play Hallie Shea, a reporter who is embedded with the Mitt Romney campaign.
Her casting comes on the heels of Rosemarie DeWitt and Patton Oswalt joining the Aaron Sorkin drama, also in recurring roles. Oswalt is set to play the new vp human resources at cable network Atlantic Cable News, while DeWitt will portray a litigator brought in to defend the network in a wrongful-termination lawsuit.
Gummer, who co-starred in Nickelodeon's Gigantic, guest-starred on NBC's Smash last season as the daughter of Eileen (Anjelica Huston). Her film credits include Margin Call and Frances Ha.
Her sister, Mamie Gummer, stars in the CW's freshman drama Emily Owens, MD.
A return date for Newsroom has yet to be determined.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)