Showtime to Preview 'The Franchise' Ahead of Summer Premiere
A half-hour episode will air April 21, more than two months before the second season -- following the Miami Marlins -- is set to begin.
With baseball season just days in, Showtime has announced that it will offer a preview of the new season of The Franchise, which will spotlight the Miami Marlins.
The 30-minute episode preview will air Saturday, April 21 at 9 p.m. and will give viewers a look at the operations and activities of the Marlins organization, from spring training through the opening weeks of the season. Included will be the events that transpired around Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen's suspension. Following the preview, Showtime will air championship boxing.
The Franchise will debut its second season Wednesday, July 11 at 10 p.m. for a one-hour premiere, with half-hour episodes to follow for the next seven weeks.
The San Francisco Giants were featured on the first season of The Franchise.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack