Starz Releases First Trailer for Michael Bay's Pirate Drama 'Black Sails' (Video)
Ninety seconds of footage for the eight-episode series, which launches in 2014, hits the web.
Starz has released the first trailer for Michael Bay's pirate drama Black Sails.
Launching in 2014, the eight-episode first season follows Captain Flint (Toby Stephens) and his men two years before the story of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island takes place. Described as a brilliant and feared pirate captain, Flint takes on a fast-talking addition to his crew, John Silver (Luke Arnold). They fight for the survival of New Providence Island, an infamous criminal haven teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by ideals and brutality.
The 90-second trailer gives a glimpse into just how expansive, action-packed and bloody the series will be. "Whoever arrives on our shores will be in for a most unwelcome surprise."
Zach McGowan, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy and Clara Paget co-star.
Black Sails is executive produced by Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Creator Jon Steinberg serves as showrunner as well as executive producer, with Robert Levine as co-executive producer. Filming is underway in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game