Michael Douglas on Catherine Zeta-Jones Break: 'I'm Very Hopeful' (Video)
The actor opened up about his marriage following reports the two were taking a break.
Following reports that they were taking some time apart, both Michael Douglas and wife Catherine Zeta-Jones still appear to be committed to their marriage, with both wearing their wedding rings in public and Douglas dismissing rumors that their separation will lead to a divorce.
The actor continued to try to dispel reports of trouble in his marriage on Monday's Tonight Show, telling Jay Leno that he's hopeful everything is going well.
"I've been away for a while but hopefully everything should be on the up and up," Douglas said. "Sometimes people take a little bit of a break but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the end. So, I'm very hopeful."
Later the actor, on the show to promote his new movie Last Vegas, joked with Leno about his character marrying a much younger woman.
"How do you fake that?" Leno asked, leading Douglas, 69, to laugh and jokingly answer, "I don't know."
"Where do you draw from to get that?" Leno added.
"Method work," Douglas insisted.
Zeta-Jones is 44.
Watch Douglas' full interview with Leno below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR