'Common Law's' Michael Ealy to Co-Star in Fox Robot Drama From 'Fringe' Duo
He'll play the android partner in the high-concept futuristic drama.
Michael Ealy is set to do the robot for Fox.
The Common Law alum has become the first person cast in the network's futuristic drama from Fringe's J.H. Wyman and J.J. Abrams, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama is described as an action-packed buddy cop show set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved humanlike androids.
Ealy will play Dorian, the android partner of LAPD officer John Kennex who understands humanity more than his human counterpart.
Fringe's Wyman will pen the script and executive produce the Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot Productions drama alongside Abrams and Bryan Burk, with Kathy Lingg and Reid Shane on board as co-EPs. Brad Anderson will direct and co-exec produce the pilot.
In addition to his co-starring role on USA Network's Common Law, which was canceled in October after one season, Ealy's TV credits include Californication, The Good Wife and FlashForward. On the feature side, the Gersh-, Epidemic Pictures- and Ziffren Brittenham-repped actor's work includes Underworld: Awakening, For Colored Girls and Barbershop.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting