Michael Imperioli to Star in ABC Comedy Pilot 'Saint Francis'
The "Sopranos" alum will topline the half-hour multicamera project from Chris Moynihan ("Man Up") .
Michael Imperioli is sticking with comedy.
From Man Up's Chris Moynihan, Saint Francis centers on a gruff blue-collar, no-nonsense Long Island cop and family man, Francis (Imperioli), who butts heads with the modern liberal world when his 29-year-old sister gets pregnant out of wedlock. The patriarch of the Quinlan family, Francis is the epitome of old-fashioned values, but is willing to do anything for the good of his family.
Moynihan will write and executive produce with Ron West and Kelly Kulchak. ABC Studios and Tagline Pictures are behind the half-hour project.
The news keeps Imperioli in the ABC family, where he previously starred in two short-lived dramas, Life on Mars and Detroit 1-8-7, both of which lasted one season. Since The Sopranos ended in 2007, he has guest-starred on shows including The Office, Necessary Roughness and Girls, and will make his debut on the final season of Showtime's dark comedy Californication.
Imperioli is repped by ICM Partners and TMT Entertainment Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR