Michael Rapaport Joins CBS' Will Arnett Comedy
He'll play Mary Elizabeth Ellis' husband in the family comedy from "Raising Hope's" Greg Garcia.
Michael Rapaport is re-teaming with Greg Garcia.
The actor, who recurred on My Name Is Earl, has joined the cast of the Raising Hope showrunner's "unauthorized" comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The multicamera comedy centers on the recently divorced Jack (Up All Night's Will Arnett), whose life gets more complicated when his parents (Beau Bridges, Margo Martindale) have marital problems of their own.
Rapaport will play Adam, the husband to Jack's sister (It's Always Sunny's Mary Elizabeth Ellis) who struggles to make a living as a mattress salesman.
Raising Hope's Garcia will write and executive produce the show, with veteran director James Burrows on board to helm the CBS Television Studios entry. JB Smoove also co-stars. The casting reunites Garcia with Rapaport, who recurred on Earl as Frank.
Repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, Rapaport's TV credits also include The Mob Doctor, Prison Break, The War at Home and Friends.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR