Michelle Obama to Appear on 'iCarly'
The episode, written specifically for the First Lady, will likely air in January.
Nickelodeon's iCarly is adding the First Lady to its slate of guest stars.
Michelle Obama will appear in an upcoming episode of the comedy series, starring Miranda Cosgrove, in order to promote the Joining Forces inititative.
Joining Forces is aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, said Nickelodeon president Cyma Zarghami to the Associated Press.
In the episode, Carly (Cosgrove) is the daughter of a colonel who is currently serving in the military, so her best friends set up a web chat so she can talk to her dad on his birthday. According to Zarghami, Obama "discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible."
The episode, which was written by creator Dan Schneider specifically for the First Lady, will likely air in January.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws