Michelle Obama Works Out With Jimmy Fallon on 'Late Night' (Video)
The First Lady competed in a hula-hooping contest and a potato sack race with the host.
First Lady Michelle Obama has been doing her best to help America get into shape. Her latest project? Getting Late Night host Jimmy Fallon to exercise with her.
Fallon opened his show on Tuesday by saying that he’s a big fan of the First Lady’s "Let's Move" initiative, which aims to fight childhood obesity by educating the public about healthy eating and exercise.
He shows a clip from a recent interview with Obama, who says she is "pretty much willing to make a complete fool out of myself to get our kids moving."
Fallon seems to think that means they have something in common, telling the audience: "I make a fool of myself every night, so I decided to go down there and help the first lady out."
Fallon then shared a clip on the show where he visits the White House to participate in healthy competitions with Obama. They do push-ups, tug-of-war, hula hooping and a potato sack race. Not surprisingly, Obama wipes the floor with Fallon in the competitions.
“I can’t believe I lost a potato sack race! That’s my event,” says Fallon after the clip shows. He adds: “Michelle Obama is the coolest.”
Fallon also talks about how excited he was to be at the White House and shares a photo of him and the First Dog, Bo, sharing a moment. “I think that was Bo’s first acting job,” he says.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10