ESPN Broadcaster Mistakes Photo of Michelle Obama for Sideline Reporter (Video)
The sports network's Jon Gruden was shown a picture of the First Lady during Wednesday's Orange Bowl game, but thought she was on-air personality Lisa Salters.
Former NFL coach and current ESPN commentator Jon Gruden may know his football plays backwards and forwards, but he's got a thing or two to learn when it comes to his political leaders.
During Wednesday night's Orange Bowl match-up between Clemson and West Virginia Universities, Clemson's use of famous people for their play-calling system tripped up Gruden.
A photo of First Lady Michelle Obama was flashed on the sideline from Inauguration Day, but Gruden, who used to coach the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well as the Oakland Raiders, mistakenly ID'd her as ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters. He was quickly corrected by his on-air partners.
Watch the video below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR