Michelle Obama to Make Third Appearance on 'Late Show'
The First Lady will talk to David Letterman about getting the nation's kids ready for a new school semester.
The First Lady is paying David Letterman another visit.
Michelle Obama has been booked for an appearance on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman scheduled to air on Wednesday, Aug. 29. The telecast coincides with the third night of the GOP convention in Tampa, Fl.
This will be Obama's third visit to the show, her last being on June 5 of this year, when she played up her green thumb image by presenting the "Top Ten Fun Facts about Gardening." (Examples included "Gardening was invented in 1822 by Albert Gardener" and "The largest zucchini ever grown contained a Starbucks.")
Next week's visit is part of the First Lady's back-to-school media tour, where she will speak about "helping parents get their children ready to return to the classroom" and "important changes to school lunch programs nationwide," according to a statement from CBS.
This week, Obama is a guest editor at iVillage, the online women's community, where she'll share personal anecdotes and tips to help American families "rev up" their back-to-school routines.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera