Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale
The Rolling Stones frontman will take the helm on May 19.
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has been set to host the season finale of Saturday Night Live.
Jagger's appearance will mark the rocker's first time leading the late-night NBC comedy show and will be his third time as the musical guest.
In 2001, Jagger and Jimmy Fallon appeared in a "Mick & Mick" skit on SNL. (Watch video of the skit below.)
This is the 50th anniversary of the Stones, which formed in 1962. Earlier this year, it was announced that a 352-page book The Rolling Stones: 50, by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, would hit stores July 12 and Ed Sullivan Show performances would be released. Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood said in April that the group is "throwing some ideas around" for new songs and then, preparing for their big tour in 2013.
The Stones have released dozens of studio albums since they formed and have sold more than 200 million copies.
New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning and Rihanna are set for May 5, while Will Ferrell returns to his old stomping grounds the following week with musical guest Usher.
The SNL finale is slated to air May 19 on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)