'Mike & Molly's' Billy Gardell Heads to TBS' 'Sullivan & Son' (Exclusive)
He'll guest star in the sixth episode of the season as a quirky comic book collector.
Billy Gardell is going from CBS' Mike & Molly to TBS' Sullivan & Son.
The actor and stand-up comedian has been tapped to guest star on the freshman comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Gardell will appear in the sixth episode of the season as Lyle Winkler, a quirky comic book collector who's interested in a rare edition Steve (Steve Byrne) is selling.
Sullivan & Son, which counts Vince Vaughn among its executive producers, revolves around Byrne's Steve, who takes over his family's Pittsburgh bar. Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long exec produce the series, which co-stars Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) and Christine Ebersole (Royal Pains).
TBS will premiere the series on Thursday, July 19 at 10 p.m,
Gardell and fellow stand-up comic Byrne are both veterans of Pittsburgh's comedy circuit and toured together before being cast on their respective shows.
Gardell is repped by CAA, Artist Management International and Hansen Jacobson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Jesse Metcalfe Has Fun Playing 'Romantic Hero' on 'Dallas'
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner