'Mike & Molly's' Billy Gardell Heads to TBS' 'Sullivan & Son' (Exclusive)
He'll guest star in the sixth episode of the season as a quirky comic book collector.
Billy Gardell is going from CBS' Mike & Molly to TBS' Sullivan & Son.
The actor and stand-up comedian has been tapped to guest star on the freshman comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Gardell will appear in the sixth episode of the season as Lyle Winkler, a quirky comic book collector who's interested in a rare edition Steve (Steve Byrne) is selling.
Sullivan & Son, which counts Vince Vaughn among its executive producers, revolves around Byrne's Steve, who takes over his family's Pittsburgh bar. Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long exec produce the series, which co-stars Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) and Christine Ebersole (Royal Pains).
TBS will premiere the series on Thursday, July 19 at 10 p.m,
Gardell and fellow stand-up comic Byrne are both veterans of Pittsburgh's comedy circuit and toured together before being cast on their respective shows.
Gardell is repped by CAA, Artist Management International and Hansen Jacobson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR