Miley Cyrus Jokes About VMAs Controversy in New 'SNL' Promos (Video)
The singer-actress also explains her tongue-wagging as she prepares for her Oct. 5 appearance.
Miley Cyrus is dropping by Saturday Night Live this weekend, and the likelihood of her racy MTV Video Music Awards performance being addressed is high.
Right out of the gate, Cyrus pokes fun at the controversy surrounding her rendition of "We Can't Stop," during which she touched herself and danced around suggestively with a foam finger, in a series of new SNL promos. "Miley, that VMAs performance … how could you?!" a faux-exasperated Taran Killam asks. "I know, how could I?!" Cyrus replies. Questions of what she was doing -- and wearing (a furry bustier, before stripping down to a flesh-toned two-piece) -- are also highlighted, before Killam and Cyrus show off their pearly whites.
Cyrus also answered another key question: Why does she keep sticking out her tongue? "It's how I smell," the former Hannah Montana star says.
Other moments include Killam asking Cyrus what's she's been up to. "You might want to take a few moments to Google me," she says, referring to her many headline-making events over the past few months. An "hour later," Killam returns stone-faced: "You've been busy."
Cyrus, whose new studio album Bangerz drops in the U.S. on Oct. 8, returns as SNL host for the second time and is also set to perform as musical guest.
Watch the new promos below.
Saturday Night Live airs Saturdays at 11:30 p.m. on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR