'Mindy Project' Promotes Beth Grant to Series Regular
Expect much more of scene stealing grumpy nurse Beverly as the freshman comedy continues its midseason reboot.
The Mindy Project's midseason reboot continues.
After shuffling the cast with Amanda Setton's receptionist Shauna departing and Anna Camp being bumped down from regular to recurring as Mindy's BFF Gwen, the freshman Fox comedy has given a major promotion to Beth Grant.
Grant will go from guest star to series regular and continue to play the surly pot-smoking nurse Beverly, a callous and defiantly unmotivated woman with a potentially good heart buried somewhere deep within. Thus far, she's appeared in one episode.
As part of its 2013 reboot, series regular Stephen Tobolowsky's Dr. Shulman was recently written out of the Mindy Kaling vehicle and the series tapped comedian Mary Grill to recur as Mindy's old college friend.
The shuffle comes as Mindy Project -- along with several other freshman comedies -- has struggled to attract viewers, with not a single show having cracked through Nielsen's Top 30. Mindy Project thus far this season is averaging a 1.8 rating in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
For her part, Grant's credits include Mockingbird Lane, Modern Family, Jericho and King of the Hill. She's repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and Valeo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR