'The Mindy Project' Gets Early Return Online and On-Demand
The Fox comedy's sophomore opener gets a streaming release one week ahead of its TV premiere.
Fans waiting for the second season of The Mindy Project don't have to wait any longer. Fox has given the Sept. 17 premiere a pretty wide early release.
The network announced Tuesday that “All My Problems Solved Forever” is now streaming on Fox.com, Fox Now and Hulu. Per a big VOD push that's seeing a lot of broadcast networks and cable carriers up their on-demand availability this season, The Mindy Project is already screening the episode through multiple distribution partners.
Fox has held back on releasing the first episodes of any new series -- both Mindy and New Girl pilots saw early sampling online -- but Mindy is one returning show that could stand for some early buzz. Critically favored when it premiered last year, the Universal Television series never quite grabbed the ratings of its New Girl lead-in.
The sophomore premiere, which gets a TV debut next Tuesday at 9:30 p.m., is also the first to feature James Franco as Dr. Paul Leotard.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR